Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Q: What does it mean that CampusBuddy displays "Official Grade Distributions?"
A: It means exactly that. CampusBuddy attains all of its grade information directly from the respective university registrars. The same grades that are kept under lock and key at a university, are available for all to see (stripped of student's names of course) here on CampusBuddy.com. The CampusBuddy team has spent years tirelessly pursuing this data in an effort to make the grading process more transparent and open for everyone.
Q: Why care to know this information?
You've spent years of your life working towards the college of your choice. You've paid thousands in tuition for your education, and carefully researched what major you want to pursue. You will invest literally hundreds of hours over the coming term to work for the best grade you can-- the grade that will reflect your knowledge to future grad schools and employers alike. When your grade is often the only tangible indication of your knowledge, why would you not invest to find out how out how hard a particular class or professor is before you take it?
The concept of not being educated about your education seems boggling at times. You are a hardworking student, who is about to work your tail off for 3-6 months straight, shouldn't you have an idea of how hard the class or professor you are taking is? Not knowing how hard a class is is like taking a full-time job, but having no idea about the salary until the project is done. Virtually no one says it is trivial to know what you should expect in that case.
Work in progress. more coming soon...
To get access to over 100 million official grade histories instantly, visit our Academic Edge section now
Monday, November 30, 2009
The CampusBuddy Facebook Application, with over 150,000 Monthly Active Users (pictured above) has been showing very steady growth since the introduction of the Facebook Verified Program and will likely miss the Verified App perks while trying to attract new users.
We, at CampusBuddy, are looking forward to releasing some nice new Facebook features. In the holiday spirit, our wish this year is that Facebook stabilize the platform more in order allow developers more time to focus on building quality product and less on updating apps to Facebook platform changes and policy updates.
Friday, November 20, 2009
The forum section features individual sections for thousands of US colleges, as well as more broad national-level forums, for subjects such as Computers, Fitness, Style, Health and Relationships. We hope that this will help connect students with specialty or niche interests to other like-minded students in a more simply way.
To see the new Campus Buddy Forums go to:
Thursday, September 3, 2009
We’re excited to announce a lot of great news and features on CampusBuddy, just in time for the back-to-school Fall 09!
More Social Features
· CampusBuddy has a populated course-list of classes offered at more than 400 universities, making it simple for students to simply click, choose and connect with classmates.
· Campus and Class pages have real-time comment walls, posting student comments straight to Facebook and notifying other in the class.
· Students can publish their courses and weekly schedule straight to their Facebook newsfeed, or post them to their profile with our Facebook tabs and profile boxes.
· Textbook Price Comparison search engine, helping students find the best prices for textbooks on the web, from a selection of 20+ leading stores.
· Academic Edge option for students providing premium access to analysis of official grade distributions for classes. Users will be able to see how professors grade, dissected many ways so that students can have an understanding of how difficult certain classes may be and to see where they stand compared to others on campus.
· Chosen as the #4 Best way for students to pick a college by Mashable
· Facebook Verified Application
We have some more exciting announcements coming soon. Be sure to subscribe to our blog to be the first to know!
The CampusBuddy Team
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
CampusBuddy's mission is simple:
"To make it easier, much easier, for students to network and share with classmates."
Since launching on Facebook last October we have received quite a bit of praise from being ranked as the #4 best way to pick a college using Social Media by Mashable, to being selected as 1 of only 120 verified applications on Facebook.
CampusBuddy is a community, so please take a moment to connect with us too!
Subscribe to our blog!
"Become a Fan" on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter:
Send us Feedback
Thank you very much!
P.S. CampusBuddy is one word. You wouldn't say Face Book, My Space or Black Berry, and the same goes with Campus Buddy. ;)